Sunday, January 09, 2005

Azure

Icy blue, it pales and captivates as it dances
and sparkles beneath lights and camera and action.
Debating my path I find one revealed to me,
shifting and leaning as one heel begets another,
pointing to where I've never been but sought.

The wind increases, dragging me across the surface
and singing its praise and alerting me of possible danger.
Far-off sounds and closing warnings, my senses high,
I feel the power deep within me and
the bell rings seven times.

Coming about banishes my humanity, now mere mortal
and doing thy bidding, the air rushes by and the salt is
fresh in my hair and on my hands, dancing and daring
in its presence and its prescience. She won't fight me
so long as I'm dancing to that meter, that patina edging
and softening the blow.

Land is beckoning as is she, but the risk and the loss
was worth the chance and the feel of blue and gold and white
and the heat and the chill and the randomness of circled heels,
the dance and the flutter and the tightened spiral
issued and accepted, challenged and answered,
peaked and always climbing.

No comments: