Friday, January 30, 2009

Greatness

In between high-def viewings of Pineapple Express (highly recommended), Tropic Thunder (also highly recommended) and Guy Ritchie's Revolver (want my copy? It's still in my garbage can), I came across a print that I hadn't seen for some time.

Invariably, I've found that classic art never dies. It may fade, it may be relegated to the attic or the back storage room, but it's always going to have that strange, fascinating allure, that gravitational pull (for you Star Wars fans), and/or the joi de vivre that will blow up your squirt and make you feel all warm n' tingly inside, like a bowl of panko-crusted mac n' cheese fresh from the oven.

All the greats -- Picasso, Cesan, Renoir, Munch, Leroy Neiman...their work will never leave us. To that end, I've found another piece which I think is not necessarily quite on their level but should nonetheless remain in our collective consciousness for eras to come.



Enjoy safely.

-B-

No comments: