Sunday, March 06, 2005

The Good Kind of Drama

The scoliatic curvature of my life finally took a break this weekend, which, for the most part, was filled with very little stress, though the schedule wound up tighter than a pair of spray-on acid-wash jeans in a Jersey mall. Friday night was mostly relaxed, though I did wind up doing more work than expected. Saturday followed with more work in the office and then, a friend's birthday dinner/get-together was delayed by a slightly stressful, almost last-minute wind-up for another deal on which I've been working. Luckily it got wrapped up in time for me to take a breather and get downtown in time to share in the celebration.

Sunday morning came early and late; I spent the better part of the late night/early morning with my other half, and we both fell asleep, despite our best intentions, from sheer exhaustion around 2 EST. However, come 6:30, I found myself awake yet again and made my way back to my shrinking pile of to-do items, some of which keep finding themselves at the bottom of the pile. Within a half-hour, as my eyes began to clear of their morning haze, the phone rang and my other half was on the other end, she also unable to sleep. So we spent another hour ruminating, planning, scheming and lamenting the distance between us and looking forward to next Wednesday/Thursday.

Apparently as a result of my stellar conversational abilities, she began falling asleep so we hung up and I went back to work. I put another few items to bed and then, as my eyes suddenly became very heavy, I put myself to bed as well.

Fast-forward to noonish, when I got into the shower to prep for our trip to Jersey to hang with the parental unit; nothing fancy, nothing planned, just consuming some food and chillin' out. Overall, a nice relaxing day begot a nice, relaxing evening; I plan on doing no work, no laundry, no errands, no bill-paying, and no cleaning at all. All my various groceries, alcohol (from a mini-shopping spree at a liquor store in NJ) and misc. stuff is put away, stashed, refrigerated, plugged in and charging and ready to go, as am I. All that's left is for me to find my other half and continue our schemes, plans and ruminations before we both drift into tomorrow and another tight, harried, chilly work week and beyond.

All in all, a nice, busy, relaxing, stressful, stress-free, enjoyable, celebratory weekend.

For a change.

No comments: