Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Zithromax, Robitussin and Altoids

So I made my way around NYC today, through the cutting wind and the rock-salt below my feet, feeling the wind slice into me, noting that my eyes are drying up like Ronald Reagan in his last year in office.

A bottle of Robitussin DM, some Reeeeeecola cough drops, Zithromax, Colgate toothpaste and some Simply Orange OJ (man does not live by Diet Coke alone) and I was back on my way. Once I got in I put everything away and caught the whiff of these bitchin' Pottery Barn cranberry spice candles my girlfriend bought while we were downtown. Either I'm going full-on metrosexual or I really like these candles (or who they remind me of) because my apartment felt nice to come into, despite her not being there. And as I popped the Z-Pak open to suck down the first day's dose, I noticed the Licorice Altoids sitting there on the kitchen table and I had to laugh.




Sometimes people collide on a grand scale, and sometimes things are just that simple. Sometimes you meet in the middle. And sometimes it just seems like there is no start, no finish and no middle, but just the two of you, the world, and nothing else.

I didn't know I liked Licorice Altoids this much, but I think I'm hooked.

No comments: