Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The Final Ride of the Halcyon

Tethered to the powder-blue and the angel-white, soaring
through lanes of air, a ballet of winter and summer, turning
on edge-creased parchment and wisps of fennel and silk thread.

Her wings expand and soothe the turmoil in my soul, weaving
through the waves and the expanse while I surge through boundaries
and golden hours that melt like dust through my fingers.

Her flight terminates in a flourish of schedules, organized chaos,
reaching its peak and mine with a crescendo of the solstice I didn't
expect.

Tranquility and prosperity are her promise, as are mine to her,
calming and empowering and doting on the uncertainties of reality's truth,
shining and beckoning partnered contentedness for time and the
open-ended end of time.

1 comment:

Kaia said...

Darling Man -

That was so beautiful. I'm so lucky to have you in my life. I've never met someone so generous - so giving - so loving. I miss you terribly.

I can't wait to see you - I so love our days in NY - lunches and shopping - dinners with friends - quiet moments - stealing kisses in doorways - laughing and making plans - the effortlessness of it all. I love you baby. So very much.

Madly - Kaia