Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Goin' Mobile

Much like the Who song from 30+ years ago, today marks the first HoB post composed and uploaded via BlackBerry. Normally I'm one of the first adopters of technology, but Blackberry (aka Crackberry) never really blew my skirt up until I realized that it's less than $45 a month for the service, nearly perfect, and will allow me to get twice as much done in half the time while out and about, which, if you've been paying attention, is fairly often. What I really like is the fact this one, the 8800, doesn't come with a camera or games, just applications for e-mail, the net and office-related productivity. It automatically downloads all my e-mail so I can avoid 20 minute conversations with clients where a thirty-second e-mail would suffice, and so on. It's a new toy, but really it's anything but. In other words, me rikey ;-)

Oops...this is my stop...more to come...

-B-

3 comments:

Kaia said...

That is SO cool!! I'm getting the KRZR - sexy little phone.

Boogie said...

After using this bad boy for only a few days, I now understand why people refer to the service as CrackBerry. It's incredible to be able to access e-mail and all kinds of information without having to search for a PC, and now rides to and from work, trips on the subway and even the backs of taxis are work-time, if necessary, and if they aren't, they are at least opportunities to handle Internet tasks that I would otherwise be forced to address during the work day. IOW, it's already allowing me to be more efficient, more productive and be more organized.

That, and it's really, really bitchin' ;)

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting a CrackBerry but don't at the same time. It would be nice to always be accessible, and it would also suck to always be accessible ;-)